So I finally decided to call my ob/gyn (Dr. Lurch) okay that's not his name but that's what I call him cause he totally looks like Lurch from the Addams Family. Anyway, so I called him and left a message that I was on CD 30 with no AF and a BFN. I got a call back this afternoon, first off he and the doctor that performed my follicle check u/s had a little confab and came to the conclusion that I have PCOS....great...I guess that explains some of this.
Rewind, the Clomid's side effects have taken me to both ends of the spectrum. I have severe acne like a teenager and hot flashes like my mother. In light of this I was turned on to the drug Femera. After some research I see that the side effects are less, it does not stay in your system as long, and it won't mess with your uterine lining or your mucus. YAY!
So Lurch says that yes the Femera is a better choice with PCOS patients...omg I should be a doctor! All I would need is a close computer with Google! He asks if I got a positive OPK this month and of course I did, but not until day 19. This piece of the puzzle is a little confusing to me, so even if you get a positive OPK it does not necessarily mean that you are going to ovulate? Oh bless...live and learn.
Anyway so I know have waiting for me at the pharmacy my Femera and some Provera pills to give AF a little kick start. I surprisingly am in pretty high spirits. Work is a mad house but of course my Gemini self thrives on the hustle and bustle that keeps me working 13 hour days and running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend for a little break and some Spartan football. Go State!


Oh...I have been where you are. Yes, with a +opk you might not get the full surge to release that egg. Guessing you didn't have a trigger? Or the hormines from many follies might have given the +...that is what happened to me...I wish you luck on Femara!
ReplyDeleteOh Bless is right! BUT, the female body is a strong and mighty entity! Know that I am here to help you get through it...since I am going through almost the EXACT same thing!! :) Make sure you take time for you...and hug that SWEET little girl of yours! She is proof that you WILL have another baby! :)
ReplyDelete