Claire was born at St. Mary's and that for sure was not happening again, so I went back to my old OB from my pre-baby days thinking that they we delivering at both Huron Valley AND Providence Novi...well they are back to only delivering at ...Huron Valley which was really nice 10yrs ago but I have not read anything good recently. SO...I am moving on to a new practice that delivers out of the brand new and beautiful Henry Ford West Bloomfield :)
So hoping for the best I headed out to West Bloomfield this morning to meet with Dr. Mary and of course she was wonderful, super thorough, and very understanding and accepting of everything I wanted or needed for the duration of this pregnancy and delivery. Her little heartbeat sounded perfect and you could hear her moving around :) Come to find out that the new standards from the Academy of baby doctors says that every pregnant woman should now have a TWO hour glucose test...ugh...initial blood draw after fasting, drink the amazing "orange crush" followed by another blood at the end of hour 1 and hour 2. That's 3 pokes my friends! But, they are catching way more cases of GD so what the heck lets do it...like I have a choice...lol.
On to more fun things, we will finally be getting our flooring replaced in the basement within the next couple of weeks, so the nursery project should commence over 4th of July weekend. We decided to go with the Carter's elephants theme!
I already have the bedding and valence in the green, but there is also a pink version that we will be pulling pieces from such as the hamper, wall art, rug etc. We choose Behr "April Blush" for the walls, a nice pale pink. For those of you that have seen the playroom it is nowhere NEAR that dark of pink...lol. Hopefully I will have pictures of our progress soon!
Another exciting event was the arrival of our new travel system! Claire's stroller had broken and it was pretty much the only large item that we needed to replace. I went with Graco again so that we could still use the additional base that we already have.
It's black and pink and I freaking love it...lol! I couldn't pass up the deal on Amazon and of course the shipping was free :)
Well that is all the excitement for now, looking forward to Claire bear's recital on Friday...I know she is going to make her Mama cry again cause I just get so stinking proud of her and with the baby hormones to boot look out!






No comments:
Post a Comment