Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Bring on the raisins!....

16wk appt was this morning and 8am..bright and early..lol. Blood pressure was good (which always worries me). Then we went over my blood results from my appt last month, NT scan results came back with less than a 2% chance of chromosomal abnormality and all my other blood work was good...EXCEPT...my platelet count was pretty low. So once again I am severely anemic only a whole trimester earlier than I was with Claire. I am normally slightly anemic even when I am not pregnant but since babies like to take most of your iron pregnancy makes it worse for me. Lurch said my levels at the point of the blood draw were as low as he would ever want to see them. So on top of my pre-natel vitamin I have to take a Slow-FE iron pill as well as eat a box of raisins every day...woo hoo! But ya know what if that is the only problem at this point I will take it gladly, and be even more thankful that its me and not the baby!

He was able to find a strong heartbeat right away on the doppler! I have to admit I love that sound and could listen to it all day :)

Now on to the news I know I was most excited to find out at this appt ....our Anatomy Scan as well as my 20wk appt is scheduled for my Birthday!! On May 25th we "should" be finding out the gender of our little stinker :) I say "should" because Claire was being modest the first 3 times we tried to find out her gender so I understand that they are not always cooperative. Hopefully baby will be cooperative enough for the tech to get a good look at all of it's major organs, appendages, etc....the things that are waaaaayy more important than whether it has a penis or not!

So now we wait...lol...again...but in the mean time this Mama is going to relax and enjoy Mother's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment