Picked up DH and made the drive, that I am sure I will know all to well very soon, to the RE's office. After practically signing my life away that yes we will pay them whatever we owe them under any circumstances...lol...we were shuffled into an exam room for the arbitrary blood pressure check (like I every know what the results mean?). Dr. J knocks on the door and shuffles us in to his office where we determine that injectables w/IUI is indeed the appropriate next step in our process. We were also made very aware of any and all things medical that could possibly go wrong, even the ones that happen <1% of the time....those were pretty scary. Treatment decided, exam done....on we go to my favorite part.
They put us in a very small office space where the wallpaper is made up of literally hundreds of photos of infants brought into this world thanks to the fertility treatment (a lot of the pics had twins/trips in them which I am pretty sure made DH cringe). So in this room full of beaming infant faces in every cute adorable position imaginable..............is where they lay on you how much this is going to cost! HA! How could you say no!?
Well of course we didn't say no, but I swear it wasn't because of all the babies staring at us....lol. After about a half hour of explanation of when I have to call, when I have to come in, how to order the meds, and a whole bunch of other details, that luckily came summarized in written form because I was not taking notes, we were free to leave. So now I am waiting on AF to determine when I need the meds delivered and we should be on our way!
P.S. I just want to ask for some extra prayers for friends of DH and I who just had a setback in their fertility treatment process. That they will soon be back on track to have the baby they deserve so much!


No comments:
Post a Comment