Well the last couple days have been filled with a lot of mixed emotions. Putting positives first (always) we celebrated our daughter's 4th birthday with family and friends yesterday! I still can't believe how fast she has grown up, it makes me want to stop time.
Earlier in the day yesterday I received a phone call that one of my employees had been killed in a car accident, she was hit by a drunk driver who was also driving on a suspended license. She was only 24 yrs old. I hate to say it but there are some points in life where a girl starts to question her faith.....
Which leads in to this mornings U/S. I had several follicles on both ovaries but none measuring over 11mm, which means it is very doubtful that I will even ovulate this month. Also the lining of my uterus was very thin. So....the doc says that "if you don't end up getting pregnant this month" (hello did he not just say there was no way I was going to ovulate?) that we will be going up to 100mg of Clomid on the next cycle and backing it up with Progesterone shots/pills. A couple of hours later I get a phone call letting me know that my insurance only covers 50% of any fertility treatment, blood work, office visits, U/S etc. I know I am very lucky to have any coverage at all but we need to get a handle on how much this is all going to cost and how far we can afford to go before we will just need to take a break and save some money.


No comments:
Post a Comment