Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Intros and Inspirations

Hmm where to start? Well first I have to say that I was inspired by a friend to turn my Spinal disorder blog in to our TTC#2 with secondary infertility blog! Much more exciting content if you ask me..lol. I want to be able to share our experiences with others as well as some day "hopefully" be able to look back and reflect on the road that it took us to get to baby #2, as well as family happenings in general.

So, Josh and I have been TTC#2 since 1/1/2009. We already have an amazing little girl, Claire Marie, who will be turning 4 on the 18th and is by far the center of our universe :) Which is why it breaks my heart every time she tells me "I want a baby brother AND a baby sister" or asks "When do I get to be a big sister?". Oh bless! I am really not the sappy type but my daughter can take me to that sappy place faster than anyone I know. Anywho, we tried for over a year with no assistance and we came up with no baby. So after a few months of blood tests and such it was determined that I have LPD (Luteal Phase Defect) and Low Progesterone. WHAT? But wait I already had a baby? I was fine? What happened? All these questions swim around in my head every day. It still never ceases to amaze me how many stories I have heard through friends, family and blogs of women that have no problem having #1 and then #2 is a whole different story.

On top of all this is my spinal disorder (which also came after #1) and the worries about how the pain I experience will be handled once we do get pregnant. Oye...fun stuff huh? Well as we stand today I just finished my last Clomid pill yesterday so now we wait until Friday to start the OPK's and my U/S is Monday..... So much for short introductions...lol

2 comments:

  1. So great to find another SIF-er. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am hoping that the 50mg of Clomid does the trick for you! Following your journey...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your journey not be a long one! Know that I am here to share in the same journey! We'll take baby steps together!

    ReplyDelete