I cannot even explain how nervous I was heading into this mornings appointment. I hardly slept and all and when I did I would have horrible nightmares about everything bad that the u/s tech could possibly tell me. Of course I arrived 20min early so I had to wait and get even more freaked out. But low and behold about two seconds into the u/s the tech says "I see a fetus and a heartbeat"....phew....I felt like I let out a breath I had been holding in for almost two weeks! We know we still have a long way to go, but seeing that little flicker on the screen brought an ocean of tears to my eyes I just couldn't help but be happy. I need to allow myself to be happy but still cautiously excited. Dr. J said he would repeat the u/s in two weeks and if everything looked good he was "kicking me out". I said I wouldn't let the door hit me where the Lord split me....apparently that was like the funniest thing him and his resident had ever heard...lol. So for now we just keep praying for a happy and healthy nine months and take one day at a time.
I would like to introduce you to our baby seahorse (as my DH lovingly referrs to it as) :)



Congrats, i am 8 weeks on at the moment myself, but have not announced it yet......
ReplyDelete